100% Natural Brazilian Cowhide
Each hide is carefully selected, totally unique, and sustainably sourced.
- Lay cowhide on a flat surface when received to release any creases it has sustained during shipping.
- Always keep cowhide rug in a dry environment.
- Place cowhide in a low-traffic area when possible and away from direct sunlight.
- Rotate cowhide as needed so the rug wears evenly.
Removing Dust & Debris
- Use a vacuum on the lowest setting without the beater bar touching the rug. If possible, turn off the beater bar.
- Or simply give it a good shake outside.
Cleaning up Spots or Spills
- Soak up any liquid from spills as quickly as possible to prevent it from soaking into the hide with paper towel, soft cloth or sponge.
- Clean area using fresh water and a mild soap such as Dawn dish soap or similar product using a soft cloth or sponge brushing lightly in the direction of the hair. Once the area is cleaned, remove any remaining soap or debris with a clean cloth or sponge.
- If the hide becomes wet on the underside, it is necessary for the hide to dry on both sides first. We suggest leaving the hide in a shaded area away from direct sunlight to allow for drying before using again.
Creases & Folds
- If a fold or crease remains after several days of laying flat, it can easily be removed by lightly moistening the hide on both sides with water, then using an Iron, with a piece of cloth in-between (to not burn the hair) until folds are gone. In general, ironing on one side does the trick, but if the fold is a bit deep, ironing both sides will take care of it.
- Do not place cowhide in a washing machine, immerse it in water, tumble dry, or have it dry cleaned.
- Avoid steam cleaners or professional cleaning companies.
- Never use bleach, any strong solvents, or harsh soaps on your cowhide rug.